Re: ACPI broken in 2.4.1

From: Benson Chow (blc@q.dyndns.org)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2001 - 12:39:38 EST

I waited out the boot so I could login and experiment, but it was
painfully slow.

Compiling with just APM in and no ACPI, results in a correctly-running
machine with rh7 gcc-2.96-69.

I got lucky this time that with APM worked, else I'd be stuck with slowly
fscking, since this last boot I had to fsck two of my partitions (maximum
mount count exceeded...) I don't even want to know how long it'd take to
fsck my almost 60GB worth of disks on this machine... If that were the
case, I guess I'd be better off fscking with 2.4.0 and then coming back
in... ouch.

-bc