Multiport NICs and ether channel?

From: Willis L. Sarka (wlsarka@the-republic.org)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 19:11:16 EST

Greetings,

Just a general question or two.. Please point me to a URL or tell me where
to RTFM, or answer back ;-).

What is the status/condition of using muliport NICs and bonding
them together to form a larger pipe (i.e. a quad channel ethernet card for
an Intel box, bonding all four interfaces together to get a theoretical
400Mbps pipe)? Are there any highly recommended cards of this type? Will
the bonding work when connected to a Cisco catalyst switch with ether
channel?

Again, thanks in advance. If you need any further info, or if I need to
describe something in greater detail please let me know.

Cheers,
Will Sarka

Those, who would give up essential liberty to
purchase a little temporary safety, deserve
neither liberty nor safety.

-Ben Franklin Historical Review of Constitution and Government of Pennsylvania ---------------------------------------------