Re: problems with reiserfs + nfs using 2.4.2-pre4

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 06:23:56 EST

> I hope to put out a patch set for testing in a day or so and possibly
> suggest it to Alan for his -ac series. I don't see it going into
> 2.4.2, but 2.4.3 might be possible if Linus agrees.

Im not interested in a patch that requires NFS is hacked for each file system
that tells me the implementation is wrong. The previous setup worked perfectly
for everything but reiserfs, so why isnt the newer setup one allowing each fs
to override a generic behaviour which is the current working behaviour, thereby
meaning all the other fs's work.

FS authors shouldnt have to do extra work to support knfsd unless they are doing
interesting and unusual things