Re: Kernel 2.4.2 - kernel BUG at apic.c:220!

From: pf-kernel@mirkwood.net
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 22:51:15 EST

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001, Manfred Spraul wrote:

> > kernel BUG at apic.c:220!
> >From apic.c:
> <<<<<<<<<<<
>
> /*
> * Double-check wether this APIC is really registered.
> */
> if (!test_bit(GET_APIC_ID(apic_read(APIC_ID)),
> &phys_cpu_present_map))
> BUG();
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> Really odd. That's usually a sign of a bad MP table.
>
> Could you check your BIOS settings for an entry MP, or MPS, or
> Multiprocessor Table?
> Usually the options are 1.1 and 1.4 - just try the other one.

This is a single CPU system, not dual. The kernel is compiled for a
single CPU system as well.

Looking at .config, I notice that Processor family is set to
Pentium-Pro/Celeron/Pentium-II. I could have *sworn* I changed that
before compiling. Could that cause the problem I'm seeing?

In any case, I'll try to get some time early next week to try the patch -
this is, unfortunately, a work machine, and as such, needs to work, even
if I go with 2.2.x. :)

I'll let you know when I can try out the patch.