Re: Core dumps for threads

From: Adam Fritzler (mid@earth.zigamorph.net)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 04:40:26 EST

Theres a patch floating around that does just that. Its an obvious
hack. I would like to see something clean get into the mainstream
kernels. Its a real pain not to have cores for threaded code.

It does work, however. It effectively dumps the thread that caused the
fault.

(I have a complimentary hack that will dump the stacks of all the
rest of the threads as well (though its a good trick to get gdb to
interpret this). Available upon request.)

af