Re: rsync over ssh on 2.4.2 to 2.2.18

From: bert hubert (ahu@ds9a.nl)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 05:58:29 EST

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 11:18:39AM +0100, Rasmus Andersen wrote:

> terminate, apparently because the child does not receive the KILLUSR1
> (wild speculation)? Anyways, the parent process waits in wait4 and
> the child loops, waiting for the signal. This is not reproducable
> in 2.2.X (for me).

rsync problems of this type abound across several UNIX platforms - I had
problems like this on FreeBSD, but never under Linux. I suspect that rsync
bends or at least stretches certain limits.

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com      Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People