difficulty installing linux on ps/2 - 9595 server having pentium-90

From: mshiju@in.ibm.com
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 06:11:32 EST

Hello,
           Initially I had difficulty in booting linux on ps/2 server -9595
for installation. I overcame that problem by replacing the installation
boot image with a 2.4.0 custom build image . I am booting from the floppy
disk since the system (old system) does not support booting from the cd
rom. Booting was successful. The problem is that after booting up the cd
drive is not been recognized for installation .Currently os/2 is installed
in the server and it displays CD-ROM device as IBM CD-ROM II ,Enhanced
CD-ROM II .I had compiled the kernel with SCSI support . I used redhat 7
for installation . Have any one faced the similar difficulty .Can anyone
help me to resolve the problem

Thanks & Regards
Shiju