Re: 2.4.2 + aic7xxx still broken

From: Doug Ledford (dledford@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 09:57:41 EST

Igor Mozetic wrote:

> I'm still unable to boot any 2.4.x kernel on this box:
> Intel C440GX+, on-board Adaptec AIC-7896/7, 2GB RAM.
>
> 2.4.2 + stock aic7xxx:
> ----------------------
> SCSI host 0 channel 0 reset (pid 0) timed out - trying harder
> SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0
> ... ad infinitum
>
> 2.4.2 + http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/ aic7xxx-6.1.4-2.4.2-pre4:
> aic7xxx - abort returns 8194
> scsi1:0:0:0 Attempting to queue an ABORT message
> scsi1:0:0:0 Command already completed
> scsi1:0:0:0 Attempting to queue a TARGET RESET message
> scsi1:0:0:0 is not an active device
> ... ad infinitum
>
> 2.2.[17,18] stock driver works fine.
> I can provide more info if needed. Any help appreciated.

Sounds like an IRQ routing problem. Have you tried a UP kernel with IO-APIC
on UP support disabled or an SMP kernel both with and without the noapic
options to see if they make a difference?

--

Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com> http://people.redhat.com/dledford Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before e-mailing me about problems - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/