Re: Forwarding broadcast traffic

From: Jon Masters (jonathan@jonmasters.org)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 13:32:01 EST

Jeremy Jackson wrote:

> try bridging instead if ip forwarding. use netfilter too if you want

I mentioned bridging before - I don't want some kind of transparent
bridge, really so what I would need is for the router to be contactable
in the same way as before and for regular traffic to pass normally but
with a special arrangement for certain broadcast traffic.

Is it possible to selectively bridge broadcast traffic in the way I have
described?

Normally of course I'd have the router either being a standard router or
a bridge but in this case some kind of hybrid arrangement would be
preferable.

Thanks for your help,
                        --jcm