usb-storage log verbosity

From: J . A . Magallon (jamagallon@able.es)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 10:55:02 EST

Hi,

I have recently started to use an USB cd toaster and have a little problem.
Writer is driven by usb-storage and scsi-cdrom and scsi-generic drivers.
Burning works fine.

The problem is that the usb-storage module spits so many info-debug
messages (even if I configured no debug in kernel config) that after
a cd burn I end up with a 25 MB file in /var/log/messages and other 25MB
in /var/log/kernel/info, so it fills my / partition.

If someone know a fast way to shut up usb-storage, I'll be gratefull.
If not, I will try to make a patch to enclose all that printk's into
#ifdef CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_DEBUG.

--
J.A. Magallon                                                      $> cd pub
mailto:jamagallon@able.es                                          $> more beer

Linux werewolf 2.4.2-ac11 #1 SMP Sat Mar 3 22:18:57 CET 2001 i686