Re: anti-spam regexps

From: Oswald Buddenhagen (ob6@inf.tu-dresden.de)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 12:12:52 EST

> Anybody interested in the ~100 anti-spam regexps I'm using
> on NL.linux.org at the moment ?

there is a much simpler method:
drop any mail, which does not contain the address of the mailing list
in To: or Cc:.
Bcc: mails (who wants to post with a bcc legitimately?) and bulk
mailers (which don't put the receipients into the headers) are
rejected. this does not only protect from spam, but also from the
jerks, that subscribe one mailing list to another.
or did i miss some important point?

best regards

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.