Re: Index of Kernel Configuration Options

From: Steven Cole (scole@lanl.gov)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 15:44:19 EST

I'm not currently on the lkml list here, so I apologize if my cut and
past reply messes up someone's threaded mail reader.

AJF75 wrote:
>Does anyone know whereabouts I could go to get an index of all
>configurations options (i.e. drivers, etc.) that are available in the
>latest Linux kernel? I am waiting on a kernel mode driver for my USB
>digital camera, but I don't want to go ahead and download the full 24Mb
>just to find out if the support is available yet.

Here is a script which will print out all the kernel configuration options
found in config.in or Config.in files. If you put this script in the
scripts directory, run it with sh scripts/options_linux (suggested name).
It should be run from the top of the tree, e.g. /usr/src/linux.

For example, to find all the USB options,
sh scripts/options_linux | grep USB

Due to tab/space munging, I'll have to attach the script.

Hope this helps. Of course, you'll still have to get the whole kernel,
which is what you were trying to avoid in the first place. ;)

Steven