Console driver and printing

From: Nicolas Cadou (niccad@virtuel.qc.ca)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 23:32:37 EST

Hi, I would like to know if know if there is any support for printing in the
console driver. I mean, can the console receive from an application an
mc4/mc5 sequence as defined in a terminfo entry and print what was sent in
between? If so is there any way to configure the device to which the data
would be sent?

I hope I do not abuse this list by posting this question here, but I
couldn't find any information anywhere else.

If I can't print through the console, would anybody have any experience
about configuring an xterm (which can print, I tested it) to use a cp437
(IBM) encoding?

I've always managed to find everything myself, but I'm running short on time
and this is the last problem before installing linux in 50 to 100 stores, so
I could use a little help :-)

Nicolas Cadou