Re: binfmt_script and ^M

From: David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 10:37:11 EST

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 03:12:42PM +0000, Sean Hunter wrote:

> I propose
> /proc/sys/kernel/im_too_lame_to_learn_how_to_use_the_most_basic_of_unix_tools_so_i_want_the_kernel_to_be_filled_with_crap_to_disguise_my_ineptitude
>
> Any support?

<sarcasm>
Hey, let's go even further! Let's add support in all programs for \r\n.
And why not make all program use filenames that have an 8+3 char garbled
equivalent where the last 3 are the indicators of the filetype. Oh, and
let's do everything to make sure the user doesn't leave Gnome/KDE.
And of course, let's add new features to all existing protocols and
other standards to make them "superior" to other implementations.
Oh, and of course, we must require an extra 64 MB of memory and
500 MB of diskspace for each release, and a 200MHz faster processor.
And let us do all system settings through a registry.

OH! Let's change the name of the operating-system to something more
catchy. Hmmm. Let's see. Windows maybe...
</sarcasm>

/David
  _ _
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </