Re: Patch submissions

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 12:23:45 EST

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2001-03-06T16:56:32,
> Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> said:
>
> > I'm getting a notable increase in people sending me patches that do major
> > things and should be 2.5 stuff. Please if you want to rewrite the VM completely,
> > redesign the scsi layer and the like wait until 2.5.
>
> When will 2.5 be forked?
>
> If anyone wants to redesign the SCSI layer, by all means, DO NOT
> STOP HIM! ;-)

If somebody is able to redesign the SCSI layer, I'm *sure*
that person will be able to maintain a separate patch for
some time ...

regards,

Rik

--
Linux MM bugzilla: http://linux-mm.org/bugzilla.shtml

Virtual memory is like a game you can't win; However, without VM there's truly nothing to lose...

http://www.surriel.com/ http://www.conectiva.com/ http://distro.conectiva.com/