(no subject)

From: James Simmons (jsimmons@linux-fbdev.org)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 04:16:50 EST

>} The fbdev console problem is too horrible to pretend to solve by resyncing
>} on timer interrupts. At least for the x86 the fix is to sort out the fb
>} locking properly
>
>How close is that?

Working on it. I have done alot of cleanup to the fbdev layer. I have
moved to a xxxfb_fillrect, xxxfb_copyarea, xxxfb_imageblit to handle all
the console functions. I have written really fast software versions of
these functions for cards that lack this functionality. A exmaple. My
software fillrect function is nearly as fast as the Voodoo 3 at 1024x768
at 32 bpp. You can think of my functions as really fast or the accelerator
really slow.

MS: (n) 1. A debilitating and surprisingly widespread affliction that
renders the sufferer barely able to perform the simplest task. 2. A disease.

James Simmons [jsimmons@linux-fbdev.org] ____/|
fbdev/console/gfx developer \ o.O|
http://www.linux-fbdev.org =(_)=
http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net U