Re: Microsoft begining to open source Windows 2000?

From: Mohammad A. Haque (mhaque@haque.net)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 10:52:23 EST

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Venkatesh Ramamurthy wrote:

> Please check out this article. Looks like microsoft know open source is the
> thing of the future. I would consider that it is a begining step for full
> blown GPL!!!!
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/enterprise/stories/main/0,10228,2692987,00.html
> -

Feh. First, you need be a customer w/ 1500 licences. And then you're not
allowed to made modifications to the source.

This isn't really much different then what they were doing before.
(Paying look at the source code so you could write 'optimized' apps)

--

===================================================================== Mohammad A. Haque http://www.haque.net/ mhaque@haque.net

"Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Project Lead Don't drink and derive." --Unknown http://wm.themes.org/ batmanppc@themes.org =====================================================================