Re: Can't use high IRQs on ISA ethernet card

From: john slee (indigoid@higherplane.net)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 12:23:08 EST

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 02:51:42PM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> So, in summary, what seems to me to be happening is that the high IRQs
> (9-13, say) appear to be unavailable for use by ISA cards on my
> machine, at the moment. The kernel allows ISA cards to claim these
> IRQs (and the cards then show up in /proc/interrupts) but they don't
> actually seem to get the interrupts. I don't know if the BIOS is
> stealing them, or the kernel, or what.

my beloved gravis ultrasound classic (ISA, non-pnp) works fine in 2.2.x
and 2.4.x, with io=0x260 irq=11 dma=7. *hug gravis*

also my dec etherworks3 (different machine) seems to be working
perfectly well in 2.2.x with irq 10, haven't had sufficient spare time
to try it in 2.4 yet...

do you smell a hardware bug?

j.

--