ps2 keyboard not recognized in 2.4.2

From: Ralph Gauges (ralph.gauges@eml.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 02:44:14 EST

Hi,

I am not exactly new to linux, but right now I am clueless.
I have been running Kernel 2.4.0ac4 for a while and now I tried to
upgrade to 2.4.2. Everything went well, but after boot, I can not use
the keyboard. I can not type a thing, the only way to reboot is to hit
the reset switch.
The keyboard is connected to the ps2 port and the mouse is connected to
the serial port.
After booting the old kernel, searched through the boot messages, but I
could not find an error message anywhere.
I also tried 2.4.2ac16 with the same result.
Since this a single machine not connected to any other, I can not log in
to check some things, so I would be very happy if someone could tell me
what is going wrong.

Machine Specs are:

Athlon 500 on Ausu K7M
256 MB RAM