Re: About DC-315U scsi driver

From: 陳王展 (cwz@aic.ee.ndhu.edu.tw)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 06:03:04 EST

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 00:44:01 +0100
Kurt Garloff <kurt@garloff.de> wrote:

> Anyway, you can use the patch from 1.32 to have the driver integrated in the
> 2.4 kernel and the use the version from Tekram. (I believe they distribute
> my version 1.27, but I didn't check fro quite some time.)
> I would like to hear your results.

   Today I try to recompiler a new kernel with integrated driver. And burn a test
CDR. The errors are still alive.

   The Driver from Tekram only support 2.2.x;I think that I cannot use it with
2.4.2,is right?

   And I finally understand the readme which you wrote.
(I cannot found README.tmscsim at beginning)
 I try to lower the syncspeed, and it still has no help(8Mhz,5Mhz...).

echo "0 0 0 y n n n n n -2 5 " > /proc/scsi/dc395x_trm/0
                   ^=======>>if I lower syncspeed and not set the DsCn=no
the system would halt.

   I have no idea about why it is. :( Now burning CDR is a nightmare.

Best Regards,cwz