Re: system call for process information?

From: Rajiv Majumdar (rmajumda@tcg-software.com)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 07:17:33 EST

every process under Linux is assigned a *task_struct* structure which has
all the info about that process eg. scheduling, accounting, I/O and others.

rajiv

Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@ragingbull.com> on 03/12/2001
10:38:46 PM

To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
cc: (bcc: Rajiv Majumdar/CAL/NOTES)

Subject: system call for process information?

Hello

I asked this question on kernel-newbies - no reply, hope to be luckier
here:-)

I need to collect some info on processes. One way is to read /proc
tree. But isn't there a system call (ioctl) for this? And what are those
task[], task_struct, etc. about?

Thanks
Guennadi
___

Dr. Guennadi V. Liakhovetski
Department of Applied Mathematics
University of Sheffield, U.K.
email: G.Liakhovetski@sheffield.ac.uk

Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/
IRC Channel: irc.openprojects.net / #kernelnewbies
Web Page: http://www.surriel.com/kernelnewbies.shtml