Re: poll() behaves differently in Linux 2.4.1 vs. Linux 2.2.14 (POLLHUP)

From: Jeffrey Butler (jeffreymbutler@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 11:28:05 EST

What version of Solaris should the poll() call behave
like? I tried the test program that I posted in the
original post on this thread on a couple of versions
of Solaris, and they all behaved like Linux 2.2, not
Linux 2.4.

The following version strings are from sysinfo on the
Solaris machines that I tested:

Machine 1:
CPU Type is sparcv8plus+vis
App Architecture is sparc
Kernel Architecture is sun4u
OS Name is SunOS
OS Version is 5.7
OS Distribution is Solaris 7 5/99
s998s_u2SunServer_09 SPARC
Kernel Version is SunOS Release 5.7 Version
Generic_106541-11 [UNIX(R) System V Release 4.0]

Machine 2:
SunOS xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 5.5.1 Generic_103640-29 sun4u
sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10.

Does Linux 2.4 poll() behave like Solaris 8 poll()
with respect to poll()? If I had access to a Solaris
8 machine I would have tested it because I realize the
Solaris versions are a bit out of date.

-jeff