cpqarray & 2.4.1+ hang

From: Vincent Sweeney (v.sweeney@dexterus.com)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 12:56:30 EST

I have a problem with the 2.4 series kernel running on a number of
Compaq ProLiant DL360 servers. The 2.2.x kernels and 2.4.0 work fine,
however from 2.4.1 onwards the boxes just hang at the following position
on bootup:

Partition check:
  ida/c0d0:

I have also tested with 2.4.2-ac20 and the same problem occurs. Doing a
search on the web some people recommend changing the OS setting in the
Compaq BIOS to Linux fixes this problem, however my servers are already
running with this BIOS setting and I've also tested with numerous other
OS's in the BIOS but the same problem occurs.

Has anyone else fixed this problem with changing the BIOS OS? I've also
attached my .config file for extra details.

---
Vincent Sweeney
v.sweeney@dexterus.com