Re: magic device renumbering was -- Re: Linux 2.4.2ac20

From: Peter Svensson (petersv@psv.nu)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 13:45:28 EST

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> Put LABEL=<label set with e2label> in you fstab in place of the device name.
>
> Christoph
>
> P.S. UUID= work, too - but I prefer a human-readable label...

There are a lot of different devices besides disks, e.g. tape drives etc.
I seem to remember from the last round this came up that modern FC fabrics
have some dynamic properties that may require more intelligence in the
kernel.

Peter

--
Peter Svensson      ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
<petersv@psv.nu>    ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3  07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF