OOPS when switching consoles while closing X.

From: Matt Johnston (lkml4@caifex.org)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 08:17:24 EST

Hi.

I've had a semi-reproducable oops with the kernel. It happens when I'm
shutting down X (Xfree86 4.02 cvs), while it is closing all open apps (KDE
2.1.1 cvs). I switch to a text console (ctrl-alt-F2 etc), and it crashes
almost as soon as the text console is there.

I've noticed it with 2.4.2ac17 and 2.4.2ac20, the problem might have existed
in earlier versions but I haven't noticed it. However I think it is probably
recent, as I often switch to text mode while X is shutting down, so I would
have noticed it. I have recently recompiled KDE, though that shouldn't cause
a kernel OOPS should it??

I'm not sure what information would be helpful, I've included the ksymoops
output for 2.4.2ac17, and my dmesg. Tell me if more is needed.

Cheers,
Matt Johnston.