Re: [CHECKER] big stack variables

From: David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 06:39:45 EST

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 01:01:22AM -0500, Jeff Dike wrote:
> viro@math.psu.edu said:
> > ObUML: something fishy happens in UML with multiple exec() in PID 1.
> > Try to say "telinit u" (or just boot with init=/bin/sh and say exec /
> > sbin/init) and you've got a nice panic()...
>
> ObFix: This is fixed in my current CVS. If you're not so desperate for the
> fix, then it will be in my 2.4.3 release. Basically, the problem was that it
> assumed that the only exec done by pid 1 was the kernel thread execing init,
> and things got exciting when that turned out not to be true.

ObUML (again): Any estimated time of submission to Linus?! Is this
an early v2.5-thing, or are the changes minor enough to the rest of the
tree to allow for an v2.4-merge?

/David
  _ _
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </