Re: rsync over ssh on 2.4.2 to 2.2.18

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 02:37:03 EST

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 11:20:22PM +0300, kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:
> I remember this your report. However, recent news force to suspect
> that the reason was in Solaris yet. Actually, if you send tcpdump of
> failed session, this question can be answered.

Well, since I moved the rsync to 5pm, and then back to 9pm, I haven't
seen this problem - everything is again working as expected (touch wood)
with 2.2.15pre13 and 2.4.0.

This is odd, since it wasn't a one-off problem, but something that happened
each and every day of a particular week. Anyway, if it starts happening
again, I'll get a tcpdump of the session.

--
Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)                The developer of ARM Linux