Cisco 342 Driver

From: Brian Capouch (brianc@palaver.net)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 13:38:36 EST

This is an "information pointer" request. I see there has been patching
activity fairly recently for the aironet4800 drivers, but have been
unable to successfully contact the maintainer listed in the sources.

Is there anyone out in kernel-list land with this thing running on a
PCI-based 340 series card, as opposed to PCMCIA?

When I configure my kernel to include the various pieces of the driver
inside the kernel (as opposed to as modules) the configure script will
NOT let me configure the /proc interface inside the kernel too,
complaining that it must be a module "to be consistent with the other
configuration choices" I have made. That doesn't make sense. If I
override that in .config, I get an OOPS when I boot up and first execute
ifconfig on *any* network device.

If I build the set as modules I get errors at module load time.

Etc. I need either configuration information or a pointer to someone to
talk to about this.

Thanks.

B.