AMI MegaRAID support in 2.4.3-pre4

From: Dan Merillat (harik@chaos.ao.net)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 13:52:35 EST

(please cc: me any response, I only keep up with linux-kernel via the archives)

I see pre4 has an updated megaraid.c... It Just Don't Work(tm)

I thought it might be a part of Alan's merges, but it's not
in the -ac tree. Linus, who sent you this patch?

Recognizes the controller, accesses my two logical volumes,
cp /dev/sda /dev/null causes the drives to light up....
but the data being copied looks to be random bits of memory.
I see syslog in there and lilo messages... all sorts of things
that don't belong. It appears to be claiming pages used by /dev/hda,
or something silly. I even see my IDE MBR, and fdisk recognizes the
SCSI disc as being partitoned the same as /dev/hda.

AMI MegaRAID express 500, trying 2.4.2, 2.4.3-pre4.

Apparently the chip is too new for driver version 1.07b, (not recognized
at all by the kernel) and 1.14g has the problems I'm going over here.

I also tried I2O, but it didn't recognize the card either.