Re: Please help

From: Dr. Kelsey Hudson (kernel@blackhole.compendium-tech.com)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 18:29:10 EST

In this case you have to contact the hardware vendor for specifications,
but at least in my experience, not many vendors are willing to part with
this information

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, guru wrote:
> I have a fundamental question:
>
> If I have to port LINUX on to new processor. How will I get address
> mapping of different devices. Some of them are available in the manual.
> Ex: NVram starting address is not available.
> Iam porting on mips3k.
>
> It may sound very dumb, but Iam stuck there.
>
> Thanks
>
> -

 Kelsey Hudson                                           khudson@ctica.com
 Software Engineer
 Compendium Technologies, Inc                               (619) 725-0771