[BUG] kernel BUG at slab.c:1402! -- 2.4.2-0.1.28

From: Greg Billock (greg@thebilberry.com)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 02:15:14 EST

Copied from screen after interrupt handler killed, so sorry for
incompleteness. This
bug is reproducable so if necessary, I can try it again....

kernel BUG at slab.c:1402!
invalid operand: 0000
CPU: 0
EIP: 0010: [<c012ddb4>]
EFLAGS: 00010086
eax: 1b ebx: 26d6a4 ecx: 81 edx: 14
esi: c82d3 edi: c82d3564 ebp: cdffb0a0 esp: c0289e98
ds: 18 es: 18 ss: 18
Process swapper (pid: 0, stackpage= c0289000)
Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!

Sorry for the incomplete data. The system doesn't write anything to logs

about the crash, since it is a pretty hard one, but I can reproduce this
bug
if it hasn't been reported yet (I didn't find it in archives) or the
above is
insufficient.

More data:

AMD K6-2 400 processor, >200MB memory
Gnu C 2.96
Binutils 2.10.0.18
Linux C library 1.92.so
Procps 2.0.7
Mount 2.10m
Net-tools (2000-05-21)
sh-utils 2.0

Modules: 8139too, nls_iso8859-1, nls_cp437, vfat, fat, usb-ohci, usbcore

-Greg Billock
 greg@thebilberry.com