serial driver question

From: John Covici (covici@ccs.covici.com)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 18:07:52 EST

I have been wondering about the serial drivers shared irq
configuration parameter. Will it allow two dumb serial ports which
know nothing about sharing irq's to actually share the same irq, or
does the actual hardware have to support some kind of irq sharing for
this to work?

I did try two ports on the same irq, but one of them isn't seem at all
by Linux, so I am quite curious whether I am barking up the wrong
line?

Thanks.

--
         John Covici