Re: Only 10 MB/sec with via 82c686b - FIXED

From: SodaPop (soda@xirr.com)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 21:59:43 EST

Further note - kernels built with K6-2 support seem to be just fine. But
all athlon/K7 kernels die horribly, with greatly varying death messages.
Most commonly I get bogus pointer/dereference errors and eventually init
gets killed, other times it just locks up, sometimes I get things like
'cannot exec syslogd: Out of memory'. It looks like the memory registers
are horked up somehow.

I could try to copy some of this out by hand if anyone thought it
worthwhile. Either way, I think IWill has some work to do yet on their
system bios.

-dennis T