Re: Some strange patch to drivers/input/keybdev.c

From: Kurt Garloff (garloff@suse.de)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 05:04:13 EST

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 09:42:55PM -0500, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
> Some guy sent me the attached patch. He says it allows
> him to use 2 additional keys on the 106 key USB keyboard.
> I never saw a 106 key keyboard before, USB or not.
> Does anyone understand what is going on? Vojtech?

don't know if it's related, but new keyboards tend to have those annoying
APM keys. On my keyboard, they generate the scan sequences e0 5e (Power
OFF), e0 5f (Sleep) and e0 63 (Wake Up). I guess the USB kbd also has those
toy keys.
Patch to support those keys on a normal PS/2 kbd attached.

Regards,

--
Kurt Garloff  <garloff@suse.de>                          Eindhoven, NL
GPG key: See mail header, key servers         Linux kernel development