Re: /linuxrc query

From: Amit D Chaudhary (amit@muppetlabs.com)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 12:46:05 EST

Werner Almesberger wrote:

> Amit D Chaudhary wrote:
>> But other information in the
>> initrd.txt mentions otherwise, hence the query here.
>

> Hmm, sounds like a bug. Where did you find this ?
I quote from the version in linux-2.4.2-ac22
"
Now, the initrd can be unmounted and the memory allocated by the RAM
disk can be freed:

# umount /initrd
# blockdev --flushbufs /dev/ram0 # /dev/rd/0 if using devfs
"

I guess I assumed the above has to be put in /linuxrc as it follows other
commands which do go in the /linuxrc. The assumption is not quite correct as I
have since found out.

Regards
Amit