Re: Performance is weird (fwd)

From: Sampsa Ranta (sampsa@netsonic.fi)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 07:42:38 EST

Hi,

I got my ATM driver working properly, both LE155 and PCA200E did
good throughput when I found out the problem. I had some fancy option in
BIOS setup described like "Enhance chip performance", after turning this
on everything started to rock. So, my best guess is that there was
something terribly wrong in my PCI or chipset setup and this option fixed
the configuration.

My benchmark results on can be found from
http://www.netsonic.fi/~sampsa/netpipe/ if anyone else is interested on
the results. Based on my benchmark results I would say ForeRunner LE155
and PCA-200E and their Linux drivers seemed to benchmark equally well on
throughput, I have no idea on CPU usage, tho.

Thanks,
    Sampsa