usb insmod hang w/2.4.2

From: Michael Rothwell (rothwell@holly-springs.nc.us)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 10:01:31 EST

I'm installing Linux onto a Compaq iPaq IA-1 -- the little "MSN
Companion" thing. I wish Compaq didn't feel compelled to name everything
"iPaq." This device is essentially a laptop with a strange case, no hard
drive, and 32MB of RAM. It has a VIA chipset and four USB ports. The
southbridge is a VT82C686 ("Apollo Super South"). It sports to UHCI USB
controllers sharing IRQ 11.

I have patched a long, thin logo into the kernel to replace the Tux
logo, but that is the only change I made.

When I insmod usb-uhci.o or uhci.o, it gets as far as "<driver>:
detected 2 ports" and then hangs, terminally. It does t his whether I
have usbcore compiled in or loaded as a module.

I have attached my .config file. Any help would be appreciated!

-M