Constant Crash in scsi_eh_0

From: Pete Toscano (pete.lkml@toscano.org)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 15:06:23 EST

Hello,

I'm currently running 2.4.3-pre4. (I tried 2.4.3-pre6, but it wouldn't
boot. I'm about to try -pre7.) This seemed worse with 2.4.2, but it's
still a problem.

My system's about as stable as Crispin Glover after a week-long meth
binge. =8]

I'm running an SMP system (dual P3 600s) with 640M of RAM. It's using a
Tyan Tiger 133 motherboard (VIA Apollo Pro 133a chipset). It's got 2
ATA66 IDE drives, an IDE CD-ROM, and a SCSI CD burner (connected to an
Adaptec 2940 adaptor). I also have a few USB devices: mouse, rio500,
and Sandisk SDDR-31 compact flash reader. The burner and CF reader use
SCSI. These are the only two SCSI-related devices on my system (that
I'm aware of, at least).

For every crash that I remember, I have not once been using either the
CF reader or the burner. The usb-storage and scsi_mod devices were
loaded by the hotplug driver (version 2001_02_28). None of these were
used.

I do have KDB compiled into the kernel, so I was able to get some
debugging info captured via a serial console. Unfortunately, I don't
know what would be useful and what's not that useful. Anyway, I've
attached the log. If there's other information that'd be good to have,
please let me know and I'll try to get it *sigh* the next time my
machine crashes. As far as I can tell, something bad happens in
scsi_eh_0 every time.

Also attached is my config file.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to try to fix the
problem. I'm not adverse to trying experimental patches.

pete