Re: Problems with Wake on LAN

From: Santiago Garcia Mantinan (manty@udc.es)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 17:08:43 EST

> Are you using Becker's ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/diag/ether-wake.c ?

Yes.

> Did you turn on the enable_wol module option? Note that might be a new
> option in the 2.4.3-preXX series...

Well, it is indeed a 2.4.3-pre feature, as I had looked for it on 2.4.2, it
was not there, but it is at least on pre8.

This new driver allows me to WOL, but only if I don't choose ACPI, if I
choose ACPI then I have the same problem as with 2.4.2. APM works ok though.

Thanks for your help, now I'm gonna ask the ACPI guys about this.

Regards...

--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net