2.4.2: System clock slows down under load

From: Thomas Pfaff (tpfaff@gmx.net)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 06:42:39 EST

Hi all,

i decided to make a test for the 2.4 kernel on my old hardware (Gigabyte
EISA/VLB with an AMD 486 DX4 133). The kernel boots fine but there is one
strange thing: The system clock slows down under load, after a make
dep in the linux src directory it is about 2 minutes behind. This appears
both in 2.4.1 and in 2.4.2 (I have not tried 2.4.0 yet).

I have attached a gzipped dmesg.

Any ideas ?

Thomas

Please CC my address as i am not a list member.