Wireless Extension update...

From: Jean Tourrilhes (jt@bougret.hpl.hp.com)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 21:12:21 EST

        Hi,

        Now that I got away from IrDA, I've been taking care of my
todo list on the Wireless side.
        The most critical feature is versionning. Since distributions
started shipping separate kernel header in /usr/include/linux, drivers
and tools can be out of sync (== core dump when reading iwrange). A
lot of user have been caught by that moving from 2.2.X to 2.4.X. This
patch provide a way to detect that and to fix the problem.
        Also, I added a new extension (retry), and implemented it in
the orinoco_cs driver. However, it is not enabled in orinoco_cs
(has_retry=0) because we are in stable kernels ;-)

        Would you mind adding that in the kernel ?

        Thanks...

        Jean

P.S. : A new version of Wireless Tools with all those goodies will be
soon on my web page...