Re: Linux-2.4.2-ac27 - read on /proc/bus/pci/devices never finishes after rmmod aic7xxx

From: Justin T. Gibbs (gibbs@scsiguy.com)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 00:13:50 EST

>> What version of the aic7xxx driver is embedded in 2.4.2-ac27? This
>> particular issue was fixed just after 6.1.5 was released.
>
>The last patch you sent to me + small other fixups for aicdb.h. I dont have
>time to chase after peoples drivers. If you want a newer aic7xxx in -ac just
>mail me a diff to update to it

I don't recall ever sending you diffs for the driver. My guess is that
6.1.5 got integrated into -ac from Linus' tree.

Up to now, I haven't been tracking -ac kernels. I started sending
diffs to Linus based on the pre series kernels. No-one has requested
patch sets against -ac kernels, but if I need to support this branch,
I'll start generating them and passing them your way.

Chasing after all of the kernel versions can be time consuming for
driver developers too. ;-)

--
Justin