kapm-idled using 45% CPU (why not 100%?)

From: Jamie Lokier (lk@tantalophile.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 20:35:04 EST

Subject says it all. On my laptop which is running 2.4.0, while the
machine is completely idle "top" reports kapm-idled as usin about 45% of
the CPU. The remaining 55% is reported as idle time.

When the machine gets a little more active, the CPU time attributed to
kapm-idled decreases while the 55% idle time increases to 85%!

This is not caused be "top": I get the same 45% from "ps -l 3".

I remember when kapmd was reporting 100%. Is the new behaviour
intentional, and is it saving the maximum power on the laptop?

thanks,
-- Jamie