Re: bug database braindump from the kernel summit

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 18:24:11 EST

Oliver Xymoron wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Tom Leete wrote:
> > How about /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build/.config ? It's already there.

> It'd be great if we got away from the config being hidden too.

When exporting it outside the kernel tree, the '.' prefix should
definitely be stripped... My preference is /boot/config-2.4.3 (with
/boot/config as a symlink to it)

Assuming your initscripts is smart about updating /boot symlinks, any
running kernel config [properly installed] can be grabbed with a simple
'cp /boot/config .'

--
Jeff Garzik       | May you have warm words on a cold evening,
Building 1024     | a full moon on a dark night,