SMP aic7xxx 2.4.3 boot panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler

From: Vivek Dasmohapatra (vivek@etla.org)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 07:25:15 EST

Has anyone else had this or a similar problem? I tried to upgrade to 2.4.3
from 2.2.18 recently, but I invariably got a kernel panic on boot - I ran
the oops through ksymoops, and it seemed to indicate that the problem
occurred while in the aic7xxx driver [although I may, of course, be
misinterpreting the ouput hideously]

I'm, going to try the old aic7xxx driver tonight, to see if that works any
better.

[I posted the oops a couple of days ago, and I don't want to spam the
 list with it again, but if anyome is interested in the output, I'd be
 happy to send it, pluys any extra details required... ]

--
"They're unfriendly, which is fortunate, really.  They'd be difficult
to like."