Re: ov511 problem

From: Mark McClelland (mmcclell@bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 20:59:02 EST

ov511 supports compression, but it doesn't always work yet. Even with
compression, you will only get 12-15 FPS at 640x480 at most. USB just can't do
better than that with this type of compression algorithm.

If you want to try compression, use the "compress=1" and "ttpp=1" parameters
with the ov511 1.35 module. You will likely get garbage, but this will give you
an idea of what the frame rate will be like once I have it working.

--
Mark McClelland
mmcclell@bigfoot.com