spurious APIC interrupt on CPU#0

From: Jan-Frode Myklebust (janfrode@ii.uib.no)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 04:43:51 EST

I just had a (quite) hard hang with 2.4.3-XFS (cvs from oss.sgi.com).
The machine got totally unresponsive in X, and it barely managed to execute
any commands from the serial console. After issuing a reboot, and waiting
for quite some time, I flipped the powerswitch.

Frm the syslog it looks like it started with:

kernel: spurious APIC interrupt on CPU#0, should never happen.

then there's repeated messages like:

kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
kernel: ide_dmaproc: chipset supported ide_dma_lostirq func only: 13
kernel: hdc: lost interrupt

This was on a K6-2, kernel config and hardware information available upon
request.

   -jf