Question on accessing /proc

From: Srinivasan Venkatraman (srini@dcs.uky.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 14:41:11 EST

Hi,

 I am new to this list. I did go through the FAQ before posting this
question. I have a specific requirment - creating,modifying and deleting
data structures inside the kernel values of which will be passed by an
user application. I know we could do this by writing a system call or by
ioctl command to a character device. My question is can we do this by
writing to /proc file system ? Can we actually create, modify and delete
data structures by accessing this file system ?
 Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Srini.