(no subject)

From: Stephen Burns (sburns@webzone.net)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 17:28:12 EST

Group,

Here's my last try. I've edited all of the headers (sched.h, param.h,
limits.h) in /usr/include and /usr/src/linux, I've recompiled the
shadow-utils and PAM. My limit is still 32. Am I missing something -
obvious? I did go ahead and upgrade to glibc-2.2-12 and kernel 2.4.3 (with
edited headers) to no avail. This has been a really bad problem, I greatly
appreciate any help at all. (thanks Jeff Garzik for your
suggestion). BTW, please CC me directly.

Stephen

Stephen Burns wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I have checked out the archives, and I found an old post regarding this.
> The solution in the post, however, did not work for me. I am attempting to
> raise the maximum 32 group per user limit on my 2.4.2 kernel. I patched
> both linux/include/linux/limits.h and the asm-i386/param.h, replacing the
> default "32" with "256." My glibc is 2.1.2. When I make clean, and
> recompile the kernel, it boots fine but I am still limited to 32 groups. I
> don't need to do anything with glibc since it is of the 2.1 or greater
> category, correct? Any ideas, hints, tricks? Thanks a ton for your help,
> please CC me as I've not been approved yet as a member of this list.

You gotta change the task struct...

--
Jeff Garzik       | Sam: "Mind if I drive?"
Building 1024     | Max: "Not if you don't mind me clawing at the dash