Re: Sound problem with 2.2.19

From: Sean Rima (lists@tcob1.net)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 18:50:10 EST

Originally to: Sean Rima

 * Sean Rima's head hit the keyboard and wrote:

 SR> I am sorry if this is old news but I have not seen any mention of it in the
SR> list.

SR> I keep getting "kernel: Sound error: Couldn't allocate DMA buffer" in my
SR> syslog. However sound was working until this morning. The machine uptime is
SR> below :)

SR> The PC is a IBM PS/2 486DX2, with an AWE32 with 256k. The PC is fitted with
SR> 16mb of ram. I have never reported a problem before so excuse if it is a bit
SR> strange.

Since this posting, in fact in the last 2 minutes, sound has reappeared. I
haven't rebooted, changed anything and all the same processes are still
running.

Sean

--
GNUPG ID 92B9D0CF    | YAIM: thecivvie                | Fidonet and BBS
ICQ: 679813          | Homepage: http://www.tcob1.net | Newsportal at